Skip to main content

Pool Golf/Sariah

I was looking in a catalog yesterday and saw a game that I really wanted to play.  It was the game of pool played with golf balls and golf clubs.  I was so excited that I decided to make my own version with things I had around the house.  My son John Derek helped me.  We gathered as many small balls that were of simmilar size as we could find.  We were able to get 11.  We then put tape around half of them for the striped balls.


Then we went and got yogurt containers that I had keep for just such a need and cut a U shape in them for the golf holes.  We made six of them.


We then went in my sons room and set up the game.
Away we played.  I hate to admit it but he did win.  We did have fun and it was good to spend some time together on a cold winter day.


"2 For she had supposed that we had perished in the wilderness; and she also had complained against my father, telling him that he was a visionary man; saying: Behold thou hast led us forth from the land of our inheritance, and my sons are no more, and we perish in the wilderness."
It was probably that time of month. Everything is always amplified at that time.
 
"6 And after this manner of language did my father, Lehi, comfort my mother, Sariah, concerning us, while we journeyed in the wilderness up to the land of Jerusalem, to obtain the record of the Jews."
Our good husbands always help us see straight and help us get through the trials as well as our womanhood.

"8 And she spake, saying: Now I know of a surety that the Lord hath commanded my husband to flee into the wilderness; yea, and I also know of a surety that the Lord hath protected my sons, and delivered them out of the hands of Laban, and given them power whereby they could accomplish the thing which the Lord hath commanded them. And after this manner of language did she speak."
Her faith had been tried and she had been shown her protection from the Lord now she could move forward with this commandment of leaving Jerusalem and do it with all her heart without looking back. She needed this trial to strengthen her for her future trials.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P...

Depression

These past few days have been difficult emotionally.  Not nearly as bad as they could be but still very annoying.  I am tired and moody.  I have been trying to exercise daily and to keep busy but the week is just dragging on and I am grumpy.  One of the hardest things for me during this time is not being able to hear the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  It makes me anxious and I feel lost, that I don't know what to do, that I don't know what is important or where to step.  I know that this will soon pass but it is hard to deal with it sometimes.  I wish I could just curl up in bed and stay there until I felt better but I know this is not possible and it probably isn't the healthiest thing either. My friend shared this video with me about Depression.  I really liked how there were so many truths portrayed, so many examples of how I feel as well as good solutions and the truth that this can be overcome, not gone but controlled.  It is entitled:...

You are so Beautiful/Israel of Old

Maddie had her Christmas Program at preschool.  As we got ready for the program she put on a red velvet dress and we did her hair in pigtails.  She then told me she had to put on her cute eyes so she fluttured her eyelashes and then looked up at me.  She is adorable and loves to use that to her advantage.  She is the beautiful one on the top row far right. After the Program Grandmommy took us out for lunch.  She went into the play area while we waited for our food.  When we all sat down to eat she told us that there was a boy in the play area who told her that she was beautiful.  He made quite an impression upon her.  Boys always have a great influence upon us women even when we are only 4. We Are a Covenant-making People , Elder Joseph Anderson , of the First Quorum of the Seventy "However, Israel of old failed to keep the covenants, and as a result the Lord was displeased with them and calamities befell ...