Skip to main content

Swim Team, Painting

Elizabeth's Little Mermaid Move

Hanging out with friends at swim team.

Getting ready to swim fast
Swim team still takes most of our time in the aftenoons but it is good for me and for the kids.  It allows them time to be with friends and to exercise.  I am grateful that we have this opportunity and that my kids have made some good friends.

Monday night I decided that I really wanted to finish painting my entryway.  I had taped the walls a few months ago and had slowly trimed all the edges.  My sister in law had come one day and helped get all the trim done.  But still it sat.  I had friends offer to help but wouldn't take them up on it.  I had finally decided to do it Thursday and would ask my friends to help.  But things didn't work out and I found myself emailing friends Monday night for help on Tuesday. 

A friend showed up early and we got the first coat on.  As soon as she left my visiting teacher showed up in her painting clothes and helped put on the second coat and remove all the tape.  I called another friend who had offered to come and told her not to worry about it.  The hall looks so good!!  I am so excited and so thankful.  It is so nice to have that project done.  I feel so blessed to have friends that will help me in a moments notice.  I truly am blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P...

Depression

These past few days have been difficult emotionally.  Not nearly as bad as they could be but still very annoying.  I am tired and moody.  I have been trying to exercise daily and to keep busy but the week is just dragging on and I am grumpy.  One of the hardest things for me during this time is not being able to hear the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  It makes me anxious and I feel lost, that I don't know what to do, that I don't know what is important or where to step.  I know that this will soon pass but it is hard to deal with it sometimes.  I wish I could just curl up in bed and stay there until I felt better but I know this is not possible and it probably isn't the healthiest thing either. My friend shared this video with me about Depression.  I really liked how there were so many truths portrayed, so many examples of how I feel as well as good solutions and the truth that this can be overcome, not gone but controlled.  It is entitled:...

You are so Beautiful/Israel of Old

Maddie had her Christmas Program at preschool.  As we got ready for the program she put on a red velvet dress and we did her hair in pigtails.  She then told me she had to put on her cute eyes so she fluttured her eyelashes and then looked up at me.  She is adorable and loves to use that to her advantage.  She is the beautiful one on the top row far right. After the Program Grandmommy took us out for lunch.  She went into the play area while we waited for our food.  When we all sat down to eat she told us that there was a boy in the play area who told her that she was beautiful.  He made quite an impression upon her.  Boys always have a great influence upon us women even when we are only 4. We Are a Covenant-making People , Elder Joseph Anderson , of the First Quorum of the Seventy "However, Israel of old failed to keep the covenants, and as a result the Lord was displeased with them and calamities befell ...