Skip to main content

Gingerbread Houses/Christ Lives

Gingerbread Houses

Elizabeth loves to put furniture in her house.

John Derek made a home for candy worms.

Samantha made a 4 story house.

Maddie just added more and more candy until the walls could not contain it all.
Every Christmas we have a tradition of making gingerbread houses with all of the left over candy from Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  This year we did not get to it until April.  The kids had a blast adding frosting, eating candy, making tables and chairs or just dumping it in as Maddie did.  All have the philosphy more is better.

Omni 1:25
"for there is nothing which is good save it comes from the Lord:"
I remind myself of this over and over. That the good I see in the world around me is a reflection of God. As I see my neighbors out helping each other, as I see people hold the door open for me as I push a stroller through, as I see children hand their mothers a dandelion at the park and the mother accepting it as a precious gift I remind myself that all this good comes from God. That we still have so much good around us despite the wickedness we have thrown in our face by the media. There are good people all around us and this "good comes from the Lord."

Omni 1:26
"26 And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."
I think the statement "and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved" is an important statement. Christ is alive and that is the miracle that makes the "power of redemption" possible. And because He lives we will be saved if we "endure to the end." So when he says "as the Lord liveth" it is showing his faith in something that has not occurred yet but he knows it will occur. What great faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P...

You are so Beautiful/Israel of Old

Maddie had her Christmas Program at preschool.  As we got ready for the program she put on a red velvet dress and we did her hair in pigtails.  She then told me she had to put on her cute eyes so she fluttured her eyelashes and then looked up at me.  She is adorable and loves to use that to her advantage.  She is the beautiful one on the top row far right. After the Program Grandmommy took us out for lunch.  She went into the play area while we waited for our food.  When we all sat down to eat she told us that there was a boy in the play area who told her that she was beautiful.  He made quite an impression upon her.  Boys always have a great influence upon us women even when we are only 4. We Are a Covenant-making People , Elder Joseph Anderson , of the First Quorum of the Seventy "However, Israel of old failed to keep the covenants, and as a result the Lord was displeased with them and calamities befell ...

Depression

These past few days have been difficult emotionally.  Not nearly as bad as they could be but still very annoying.  I am tired and moody.  I have been trying to exercise daily and to keep busy but the week is just dragging on and I am grumpy.  One of the hardest things for me during this time is not being able to hear the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  It makes me anxious and I feel lost, that I don't know what to do, that I don't know what is important or where to step.  I know that this will soon pass but it is hard to deal with it sometimes.  I wish I could just curl up in bed and stay there until I felt better but I know this is not possible and it probably isn't the healthiest thing either. My friend shared this video with me about Depression.  I really liked how there were so many truths portrayed, so many examples of how I feel as well as good solutions and the truth that this can be overcome, not gone but controlled.  It is entitled:...