Skip to main content

Hand of the Lord

Derek and I had gone to the temple Saturday evening and did not return home until late.  Michael had a difficult night and so we both woke up exhausted Sunday morning.  I ended up in tears and prayed for help.  I remembered the TOFW clip about God putting His hand on my cheek and prayed for that. After taking a nap I woke still tired but full of patience.  Derek had left for meetings and I got the children ready.  I felt the hand of the Lord giving me patience the whole morning as well as at church and then for the rest of the day.  I felt that the Lord truly had put His hand on my cheek and gave me the strength that I did not have.  What a blessing it is to have the peace of the Lord in my life.  I feel His peace, love, and kindness and am not sure what I would do without it.

It was a beautiful evening last night, we ended up with 10 kids in our back yard that did not belong to us.  I love it when my house is the magnet for the neighborhood, then I know where my kids are and I know they are safe. 


I watched this video titled: Jesus Teaches that We Must Become as Little Children and quotes: Matthew 18:1-11; Mark 9:38-42.

5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.--So when I have received His children into my home, to be their mother, I have received Christ?  This changes my perspective on children.  I am going to try to treat them the way I would treat Christ.  It also makes me realize that when other children come into my home I need to treat them as I would Christ.

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.--I will try to not offend my children because of my weaknesses.  I will try to Love them as I Love Christ.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P...

Depression

These past few days have been difficult emotionally.  Not nearly as bad as they could be but still very annoying.  I am tired and moody.  I have been trying to exercise daily and to keep busy but the week is just dragging on and I am grumpy.  One of the hardest things for me during this time is not being able to hear the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  It makes me anxious and I feel lost, that I don't know what to do, that I don't know what is important or where to step.  I know that this will soon pass but it is hard to deal with it sometimes.  I wish I could just curl up in bed and stay there until I felt better but I know this is not possible and it probably isn't the healthiest thing either. My friend shared this video with me about Depression.  I really liked how there were so many truths portrayed, so many examples of how I feel as well as good solutions and the truth that this can be overcome, not gone but controlled.  It is entitled:...

You are so Beautiful/Israel of Old

Maddie had her Christmas Program at preschool.  As we got ready for the program she put on a red velvet dress and we did her hair in pigtails.  She then told me she had to put on her cute eyes so she fluttured her eyelashes and then looked up at me.  She is adorable and loves to use that to her advantage.  She is the beautiful one on the top row far right. After the Program Grandmommy took us out for lunch.  She went into the play area while we waited for our food.  When we all sat down to eat she told us that there was a boy in the play area who told her that she was beautiful.  He made quite an impression upon her.  Boys always have a great influence upon us women even when we are only 4. We Are a Covenant-making People , Elder Joseph Anderson , of the First Quorum of the Seventy "However, Israel of old failed to keep the covenants, and as a result the Lord was displeased with them and calamities befell ...