Skip to main content

Candles/Peace


My son the pyromaniac!!  He LOVES all the candles we have around the house.  One evening it was just him and I at home so we went around lighting all the candles, (even the ones just for decoration.)  He loved it.  His second favorite part was jumping up and down trying to blow them out.  Got to love him!!

The Divine Mission of Jesus Christ: Prince of Peace

"“The Savior is the source of true peace,” said Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. “Even with the trials of life, because of the Savior’s Atonement and His grace, righteous living will be rewarded with personal peace.” 1 Understanding that Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace can help us find inner peace and increase our faith in Him."
I thought this was beautiful. As I continue to study the atonement I see the word peace continually. What more could I want then personal peace. To know that whatever challenges will be placed in my way I will have peace. I am trying to rely on that peace and my Savior's strength more and more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P...

Depression

These past few days have been difficult emotionally.  Not nearly as bad as they could be but still very annoying.  I am tired and moody.  I have been trying to exercise daily and to keep busy but the week is just dragging on and I am grumpy.  One of the hardest things for me during this time is not being able to hear the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  It makes me anxious and I feel lost, that I don't know what to do, that I don't know what is important or where to step.  I know that this will soon pass but it is hard to deal with it sometimes.  I wish I could just curl up in bed and stay there until I felt better but I know this is not possible and it probably isn't the healthiest thing either. My friend shared this video with me about Depression.  I really liked how there were so many truths portrayed, so many examples of how I feel as well as good solutions and the truth that this can be overcome, not gone but controlled.  It is entitled:...

You are so Beautiful/Israel of Old

Maddie had her Christmas Program at preschool.  As we got ready for the program she put on a red velvet dress and we did her hair in pigtails.  She then told me she had to put on her cute eyes so she fluttured her eyelashes and then looked up at me.  She is adorable and loves to use that to her advantage.  She is the beautiful one on the top row far right. After the Program Grandmommy took us out for lunch.  She went into the play area while we waited for our food.  When we all sat down to eat she told us that there was a boy in the play area who told her that she was beautiful.  He made quite an impression upon her.  Boys always have a great influence upon us women even when we are only 4. We Are a Covenant-making People , Elder Joseph Anderson , of the First Quorum of the Seventy "However, Israel of old failed to keep the covenants, and as a result the Lord was displeased with them and calamities befell ...