Skip to main content

Sunday Will Come

The other day I was not feeling well. Morning sickness with me is more like an all day sickness. Derek was out of town and I hadn't yet told my children that I was expecting and Derek was out of town on business. At one point I burst into tears from pure exhaustion. Elizabeth immediatly took over the role of Mommy. Samantha put me on the couch turned on Monk, on of my favorite TV shows, and covered me with a blanket. John Derek and Maddie snuggled up to me and I went to sleep. Comforted by my wonderful children and feeling like everything would somehow be okay.
That evening I was complaining to Derek on the phone about morning sickness and not wanting to go through this for a 5th time. He told me to look past right now and view how I will feel at 17 weeks. How I will feel so much better then and to not think about right now. I wasn't too sure of this idea. How could that help?
As I went to bed I decided to watch Mormon Messages to help me not be so lonely with out my sweet husband. I watched one entitled "Sunday Will Come," with excerpts from a talk given by Elder Wirthlin. He talks about how Christ had to suffer on Friday. What a terrible day that was for Christ. But He got through it and then was resurrected on Sunday. He had won the battle, He had succeeded in His mission here on earth.

Elder Wirthlin concludes by saying:

"Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays.

But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come."

This has been my new motto. When I don't feel good, when I can't seem to go on and the task seems too much to do I remember that my Sunday will come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P...

Depression

These past few days have been difficult emotionally.  Not nearly as bad as they could be but still very annoying.  I am tired and moody.  I have been trying to exercise daily and to keep busy but the week is just dragging on and I am grumpy.  One of the hardest things for me during this time is not being able to hear the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  It makes me anxious and I feel lost, that I don't know what to do, that I don't know what is important or where to step.  I know that this will soon pass but it is hard to deal with it sometimes.  I wish I could just curl up in bed and stay there until I felt better but I know this is not possible and it probably isn't the healthiest thing either. My friend shared this video with me about Depression.  I really liked how there were so many truths portrayed, so many examples of how I feel as well as good solutions and the truth that this can be overcome, not gone but controlled.  It is entitled:...

You are so Beautiful/Israel of Old

Maddie had her Christmas Program at preschool.  As we got ready for the program she put on a red velvet dress and we did her hair in pigtails.  She then told me she had to put on her cute eyes so she fluttured her eyelashes and then looked up at me.  She is adorable and loves to use that to her advantage.  She is the beautiful one on the top row far right. After the Program Grandmommy took us out for lunch.  She went into the play area while we waited for our food.  When we all sat down to eat she told us that there was a boy in the play area who told her that she was beautiful.  He made quite an impression upon her.  Boys always have a great influence upon us women even when we are only 4. We Are a Covenant-making People , Elder Joseph Anderson , of the First Quorum of the Seventy "However, Israel of old failed to keep the covenants, and as a result the Lord was displeased with them and calamities befell ...