Skip to main content

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang/Baptismal Covenants


I found the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on Netfix and bribed Maddie and John Derek with it.  They quickly got ready for bed and sat down to watch the movie.  John Derek was excited by all the car races and Maddie loves the singing.  It is a long movie so we have watched it 2 different nights and still haven't finished it.  It is fun to sing the songs with them.  We gone around the house singing "Oh you pretty chitty bang bang, chitty chitty bang bang we love you."  Then John Derek jumps up and "explodes" with his arms and legs and yells "bang bang."

Aren't they so cute together?  When I left the room they were in different chairs.  When I returned they looked like this.

I have decided to study Covenants.  On lds.org they have a Gospel Topics study section.  I love being able to choose a topic I am interested in and learn more about it.  

Mosiah 5:7-9

7 And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him and have become his sons and his daughters.

8 And under this head ye are made free, and there is no other head whereby ye can be made free. There is no other name given whereby salvation cometh; therefore, I would that ye should take upon you the name of Christ, all you that have entered into the covenant with God that ye should be obedient unto the end of your lives.

9 And it shall come to pass that whosoever doeth this shall be found at the right hand of God, for he shall know the name by which he is called; for he shall be called by the name of Christ."


--When we are baptized we take upon us the name of Christ and become His children. It is like having another last name. We represent Christ just as I represent the Thornton's. With this name we are clean from the sins of this world. With this name we can enter Heaven and live with our Father and Christ. To keep this name we have to keep the commandments just as I have to stay married to Derek to keep the Thornton name. I can't marry someone else, just as I can't start following Satan and expect to keep Christ's name.


Comments

  1. Sweetheart, that was such a lovely way to teach "taking upon us the name of Christ" I will have to barrow your idea and teach this subject in this way from now on. You certainly are close to the spirit to come to this sweet understanding.
    Love forever, Mother

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P

Elizabeth

My darling Elizabeth is so wonderful.  At Church I had the pleasure of talking to different people about the great girl she is.  I was in the mother's room, feeding Michael, and talked to two other moms.  We were discussing the joys and difficulties of raising children.  I talked about how I couldn't do it without my Elizabeth.  How she is my right hand.  She is so good and stepping in and making breakfast or lunch.  She loves to make pancakes with chocolate chips.  She is great with Michael.  I know that I can give him to her and he will be well taken care of.  As soon as we pull into the garage she exclaims, "I'll get Michael!" then leaps out of the car and takes him out.  I don't know what I would do without her.  When Michael was first born and I was constantly feeding, sleeping, and trying to hold the house together she did so much.  She was such a huge help.  She is going to be a great mother some day.  She is so good at talking to children and

Awards October 2014

My wonderful daughter Elizabeth is doing so great in school.  She has a 4.0.  Friday she received 3 awards at their quarterly award ceremony: High Honor Roll for having a 4.0, Outstanding Participation in her computer class, and the SPLASH award: S - Self Control, P - Pride, L - Leadership, A - Attitude, S - Safety, H - Honesty.  What a great girl I have.  I am so proud of her.  She is a great daughter, she helps me so much.  I could not be the mom I am today without her help.