Skip to main content

Elizabeth/Samantha/Husband/It Will All Work Out


Elizabeth had her last home game for Middle School.  The Athletic Department gave all the 8th graders red roses to say goodbye to them.  Elizabeth is a great girl.  She has worked hard at volleyball and I am proud of her persistence even when things don't go the way she wants.  She was expecting to play a lot this year but new coaches were put in and they have different ideas and Elizabeth has spent most of the season on the bench.   She still presses forward and fulfills her commitments.




Derek and I took Samantha to the Lego Store for her birthday.  She loved it.  We then went to the Cheesecake Factory and had Cheesecake.  It was delightful.  We are so happy for our sweet Samantha and so glad that she is part of our family.

Recently I talked about wanting to find out what brings me joy.  I had read a book about motherhood and how to be happy in motherhood.  The author talks about how she loves being a pediatrician.  That when she walks into a room with a sick child she gets excited and can't wait to help that child.  She explains that we all need to figure out why we were sent to earth, what is our purpose, and what brings us joy.

I have put that question to my Father in Heaven and had faith that He would answer me because I couldn't come up with that answer on my own.  The other day I was talking to Elizabeth about her life and trials when all of the sudden it hit me.  My joy is my husband.  Derek brings me daily joy.  His strength, his love, his faith and belief in me, this is my source of joy.  When I think about him during the day I smile and sometimes even giggle.  I felt that it was so obvious that I was surprised that I didn't see it before. 

I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who allowed me to marry such a choice son.  I am so grateful for our amazing and peculiar marriage.  I am so grateful that what brings me joy is something I am connected to for eternity.  When doubts come up I remember that Derek loves me.  When I wonder my self worth or my talents, etc, I remember that Derek loves me and I love him.  I don't think I could function very well in this world without our amazing relationship.  I love you Derek and you do bring me more joy than you can imagine.

Yielding Our Hearts to God

"Our family motto doesn’t say, “It will all work out now.” It speaks of our hope in the eternal outcome—not necessarily of present results. Scripture says, “Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good.” 5  This doesn’t mean all things are good, but for the meek and faithful, things—both positive and negative—work together for good, and the timing is the Lord’s. We wait on Him, sometimes like Job in his suffering, knowing that God “maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.” 6 A meek heart accepts the trial and the waiting for that time of healing and wholeness to come."
That is something I am trying to remember more, that it will not all work out now but it will work out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P

Elizabeth

My darling Elizabeth is so wonderful.  At Church I had the pleasure of talking to different people about the great girl she is.  I was in the mother's room, feeding Michael, and talked to two other moms.  We were discussing the joys and difficulties of raising children.  I talked about how I couldn't do it without my Elizabeth.  How she is my right hand.  She is so good and stepping in and making breakfast or lunch.  She loves to make pancakes with chocolate chips.  She is great with Michael.  I know that I can give him to her and he will be well taken care of.  As soon as we pull into the garage she exclaims, "I'll get Michael!" then leaps out of the car and takes him out.  I don't know what I would do without her.  When Michael was first born and I was constantly feeding, sleeping, and trying to hold the house together she did so much.  She was such a huge help.  She is going to be a great mother some day.  She is so good at talking to children and

Awards October 2014

My wonderful daughter Elizabeth is doing so great in school.  She has a 4.0.  Friday she received 3 awards at their quarterly award ceremony: High Honor Roll for having a 4.0, Outstanding Participation in her computer class, and the SPLASH award: S - Self Control, P - Pride, L - Leadership, A - Attitude, S - Safety, H - Honesty.  What a great girl I have.  I am so proud of her.  She is a great daughter, she helps me so much.  I could not be the mom I am today without her help.