Skip to main content

$100/Example of Faith

I started a new medication a couple of weeks ago.  Monday afternoon the nausea from the medication really hit me and I was out for the week.  I had read that the nausea can last for 3-8 weeks and I really did not want to be in bed for that long.  Derek gave me a blessing.  He said that I would get better quickly.  Every day got a little better.  Even now the nausea is still there but I can function.  I will take this over what I experienced last week any day.

John Derek wrote this paragraph at school, I thought it was so cute and I really wanted to share it.

"My $100(0)"
"If I had $100 I would spend it on things.  First, I would need to get up very early and go to Utah.  Next, I will go snowboarding when I get there and I will go with my grandpa.  Last, I will go snowmobiling with my Uncle Heber, he goes fast and far.  I Love . . . . . . . . $100."





"16  And it came to pass that they did call on the name of the Lord, in their might, even until they had all fallen to the earth, save it were one of the Lamanitish women, whose name was Abish, she having been converted unto the Lord for many years, on account of a remarkable vision of her father—"
It is so sweet that we see that people can know the gospel even if they don't have a formal church. I think of my neighbor Tracy and her desire and search to know God. How He talked to her and gave her what she needed.

I am just amazed at her faith. She had no upbringing in religion. She did not go to a church. Her husband was not religious. And yet she yearned to know God. She studied His word daily, even without being told to. She prayed, shared experiences, bore her testimony to me over the fence. We discussed my church and others she was looking into. She finally felt that God was directing her toward the Church her husband was "raised in." This has brought her family so much closer together. Her husband has started to go to church and look more to God. She is a great example to me of an Abish.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P

Lessons from Friends/Faith

I had a fun visit with some of our friends yesterday.  We talked a lot and I learned a lot.  At one point she said that she has to rely on the Savior and the Atonement to make up for the love that she cannot give her children.  She loves them but her weaknesses do not always show that and she prays that they will feel loved through the Atonement.  I loved that idea.  In my life right now I am functioning good but not perfect.  I need the Atonement to make up for what I cannot give my children right now.  She also talked about how important siblings are.  That in China one of the problems with only having one child is that there are no aunts, uncles, or cousins.  The family network is gone.  How as parents we may not be able to give our children all the love that we would like but they are still getting loved from their siblings.  That as children we fought with our siblings but now as adults we are closest to our siblings.  This gave me great hope for my children, yes they fight an

Anniversary Day 3/Weaknesses can Become Strengths

We slept in again, oh so nice.  We didn't leave the hotel until 11:00.  We went to a local pancake place and had a scruptious breakfast.  We then went in search of apple orchards as this area is known as Apple Country.  We ended up at a place called Grandad's Apples. I was in 7th heaven.  We bought a full bushel of apples and then more for making apple sauce.  I loved it. We then went to down town Ashville and bought chocolates at the Chocolate Feddish.  Mmmmm . . . Then we headed home.  It was a wonderful time to be together with my best friend.  I am so grateful to my loving Heavenly Father for helping us have such an enjoyable anniversary.  We felt truly loved and blessed by Him. We enjoyed our 15th Anniversary and are looking forward to an eternity more. . . Book of Mormon, Ether 12:27 "27  And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that the