Skip to main content

Snow Day Again/Peace

We had an early release from school.  It was sleet and rain and a little snow.  The storm was supposed to come in the early afternoon.  School let out 3 hours early.  I asked Derek to come home so that we wouldn't have another drive where he took 3 1/2 hours to get home.  I jumped in the car and started picking up all the kids.  I didn't even know that I was anxious about having them with me but when Samantha and John Derek got in the car I felt a huge relief.  They were safe.  We then picked up Elizabeth, then Maddie, and came home to find Derek already here.  It was such a relief when the sleet started to know that everyone was home and I didn't have to worry about anyone. 

When I was younger and we were board we made cookies.  My girls were board and we are having the missionaries over with some others so I asked the girls to make desserts.  They had so much fun.  It was fun to have them in the kitchen baking.  We made blondies, brownies, and cake cookies.  I think we are now prepared with desserts.



2 Nephi 19:7
"Of the increase of government and peace there is no end,"
I look forward to that peace. I can imagine what peace there will be. I yearn for that.


2 Nephi 19:19
" no man shall spare his brother."
I hope that I can get my children to the point that no matter the wickedness around them they will love their siblings and will be kind to them even in difficult times.

2 Nephi 20:15
"15 Shall the ax boast itself against him that heweth therewith? Shall the saw magnify itself against him that shaketh it? As if the rod should shake itself against them that lift it up, or as if the staff should lift up itself as if it were no wood!"
I think our society fits this description. We are all about doing it ourselves. That we don't need anyone else. We want all the credit. We don't recognize what the Lord is doing for us. We don't acknowledge His hand. I am grateful for Him. For His help in my life. I know that I am nothing without Him and am grateful for this knowledge.

Comments

  1. First off, what on earth were you doing posting at 3:07 AM?! ;o) Second, thank you, thank you, thank you for being my friend that is not only faithful to the gospel, but that you help me be faithful, and you talk about it. Every time that I get sad about one of my other friends, there you are, showing me that you love the Lord, and you're strong in your faith. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P

Elizabeth

My darling Elizabeth is so wonderful.  At Church I had the pleasure of talking to different people about the great girl she is.  I was in the mother's room, feeding Michael, and talked to two other moms.  We were discussing the joys and difficulties of raising children.  I talked about how I couldn't do it without my Elizabeth.  How she is my right hand.  She is so good and stepping in and making breakfast or lunch.  She loves to make pancakes with chocolate chips.  She is great with Michael.  I know that I can give him to her and he will be well taken care of.  As soon as we pull into the garage she exclaims, "I'll get Michael!" then leaps out of the car and takes him out.  I don't know what I would do without her.  When Michael was first born and I was constantly feeding, sleeping, and trying to hold the house together she did so much.  She was such a huge help.  She is going to be a great mother some day.  She is so good at talking to children and

Awards October 2014

My wonderful daughter Elizabeth is doing so great in school.  She has a 4.0.  Friday she received 3 awards at their quarterly award ceremony: High Honor Roll for having a 4.0, Outstanding Participation in her computer class, and the SPLASH award: S - Self Control, P - Pride, L - Leadership, A - Attitude, S - Safety, H - Honesty.  What a great girl I have.  I am so proud of her.  She is a great daughter, she helps me so much.  I could not be the mom I am today without her help.