Skip to main content

Hope Reins/Motherhood


Several weeks ago Derek was driving to work and saw a new sign for Hope Reins. It in a new ranch admidst lost of ranches along his way to work.  But this one stood out and he looked it up when he got to work and found it is a ranch that uses horses to help children who are struggling usually with a major trama like death or abuse, etc.  He mentioned it to me and I put it in the back of my mind.

A few days later I was driving to his work and saw the sign, it jumped out at me.  So I did my own research and felt that I needed to get Samantha into this program.  I wasn't sure if they would accept her as she suffers from anxiety without any major trama.  But I applied and got a call a few days later.  As the woman talked about the program I felt that this is exactly what Samantha needs.  The woman told me to bring Samantha the next day and take a tour and if she liked the horses they would allow her in the program.

Samantha loved the horses and was so excited.  They accepted her in and she will have her first session today.  I feel that the Lord really lead us to this place and that He is helping us find the best things to help our children.


That same week Samantha and I went to a new thearapist.  Again I felt the Lord guiding me to know which one to use.  This woman stood out to me and has proved to be great!!  Samantha loves going there.  The therapist uses "play therapy" so Samantha gets to play with toys.  It is a perfect fit.  What a loving Heavenly Father.

Behold Thy Mother

"To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle—and all will—I say, “Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are. In fact, you are saviors on Mount Zion, 13 and like the Master you follow, your love ‘never faileth.’ 14 ” I can pay no higher tribute to anyone."
  • November 2015
  • Joy,Motherhood,Peace,Enough
I was listening to this talk a few days ago as I was working out at the gym. When I heard these words I began to cry. I was grateful that I was in the middle of a stretch that covered my face. I cried to hear the words, "those who struggle . . . be peaceful, believe in God and yourself, you are better than you think."

These are all words I need to hear and have imprinted on my heart. My natural man does such a great job at tearing me down that to hear these words that completely contradict these thoughts does my heart good.

I am grateful to a Father in Heaven who knows and loves me and is continually giving me reasons to rejoice and to look up. I pray that I can do His will and find joy in the journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P

Elizabeth

My darling Elizabeth is so wonderful.  At Church I had the pleasure of talking to different people about the great girl she is.  I was in the mother's room, feeding Michael, and talked to two other moms.  We were discussing the joys and difficulties of raising children.  I talked about how I couldn't do it without my Elizabeth.  How she is my right hand.  She is so good and stepping in and making breakfast or lunch.  She loves to make pancakes with chocolate chips.  She is great with Michael.  I know that I can give him to her and he will be well taken care of.  As soon as we pull into the garage she exclaims, "I'll get Michael!" then leaps out of the car and takes him out.  I don't know what I would do without her.  When Michael was first born and I was constantly feeding, sleeping, and trying to hold the house together she did so much.  She was such a huge help.  She is going to be a great mother some day.  She is so good at talking to children and

Awards October 2014

My wonderful daughter Elizabeth is doing so great in school.  She has a 4.0.  Friday she received 3 awards at their quarterly award ceremony: High Honor Roll for having a 4.0, Outstanding Participation in her computer class, and the SPLASH award: S - Self Control, P - Pride, L - Leadership, A - Attitude, S - Safety, H - Honesty.  What a great girl I have.  I am so proud of her.  She is a great daughter, she helps me so much.  I could not be the mom I am today without her help.