Skip to main content

Blessings/Example

Yesterday was a busy day and full of blessings.  The night before our water heater had started leaking.  I called our home warranty and they said they would send someone out the next day.  I spent the evening emptying buckets of water until Derek got home and figured out how to empty the tank with a hose.  What a smart man.
 
 
The morning started off with a phone call telling me someone was going to come look at my water heater.  Within an hour a nice gentleman was at my house and ordering a new tank.  I had an appointment with my therapist in the afternoon and felt that I didn't need to get a babysitter and would just take Michael with me.  When the gentelman said it would be 2-3 hours before he was finished, I knew that would overlap my appointment.  I called my sweet mother-in-law and she came right over so the tank could still be put in and I could go to my appointment.  That also ment that Michael could stay with her.  What a blessing to see the Lord knowing what would happen and for her sweet kindness in coming at the last minute.  

Therapy was fine but we didn't really talk to much about me and she said that I should just call her when I need her.  I do feel that I have come a long way and that the medication has made a huge difference.  I am happy where I am at and don't feel the need for therapy anymore.  What a blessing.

Elizabeth was terrified of Basketball Intramurals.  She kept texting me about how scared she was.  I told her to pray, that I would pray and that daddy would pray.  When I picked her up she was smiling and talked about how well she did.  How the coach complimented her and she was really happy with her growth over the last year.  Another blessing that even she recognized.

We also had my cleaning lady come and get me reset for the next two weeks.  We had piano and activities.  It was a full day but I really felt the Lord was taking care of me and my family.
 
"44  But behold I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you and persecute you;

45  That ye may be the children of your Father who is in heaven; for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good."

Doing all these things that Christ has talked about will let others know who we follow. A while ago our Stake President said that when he goes to meet with others in the community he always starts off by saying that he will behave in a way that the others will know who he follows and that the way they behave will let him know who they follow. There is a lot of truth in that statement. It is a good reminder for me on how I should act.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P

Elizabeth

My darling Elizabeth is so wonderful.  At Church I had the pleasure of talking to different people about the great girl she is.  I was in the mother's room, feeding Michael, and talked to two other moms.  We were discussing the joys and difficulties of raising children.  I talked about how I couldn't do it without my Elizabeth.  How she is my right hand.  She is so good and stepping in and making breakfast or lunch.  She loves to make pancakes with chocolate chips.  She is great with Michael.  I know that I can give him to her and he will be well taken care of.  As soon as we pull into the garage she exclaims, "I'll get Michael!" then leaps out of the car and takes him out.  I don't know what I would do without her.  When Michael was first born and I was constantly feeding, sleeping, and trying to hold the house together she did so much.  She was such a huge help.  She is going to be a great mother some day.  She is so good at talking to children and

Awards October 2014

My wonderful daughter Elizabeth is doing so great in school.  She has a 4.0.  Friday she received 3 awards at their quarterly award ceremony: High Honor Roll for having a 4.0, Outstanding Participation in her computer class, and the SPLASH award: S - Self Control, P - Pride, L - Leadership, A - Attitude, S - Safety, H - Honesty.  What a great girl I have.  I am so proud of her.  She is a great daughter, she helps me so much.  I could not be the mom I am today without her help.