Skip to main content

Visit/Counselor

 My Aunt and Uncle came to visit the other night.  We hadn't seen them for a while.  It was so fun to visit with them.  
 
My Uncle was so kind to my little John Derek who kept throwing balls at him, and tagging him.  I always loved his kindness and playfulness to me when I was a child and it was a delight to see the same kindness and playfulness shown to my children. 

My Aunt was so patient and understanding with all the noise and chaos that accompanies a family.  It was so good to visit with her and hear about all the good work she is doing and her faith in the Lord.  She has always been such a strong woman full of goodness and kindness.  She has always been good to me, she even took me shopping one time as a child, just the two of us, I felt so special.  She still makes me feel that way.  What a joy to be part of such a wonderful family.
 
"Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works.

11  Wherefore, beloved brethren, be reconciled unto him through the atonement of Christ, his Only Begotten Son, and ye may obtain a resurrection, according to the power of the resurrection which is in Christ, and be presented as the first-fruits of Christ unto God, having faith, and obtained a good hope of glory in him before he manifesteth himself in the flesh."

I have been amazed throughout my life how many times I have tried to counsel the Lord and how I have learned to take counsel from Him instead. Time after time of following His counsel I have learned that He does have my best interest at heart. That He is looking out for me. And the times that I have not followed His counsel and I tried to reason and to counsel Him things have not worked out for my good. I also know that as I have asked for help and listened to and followed His suggestions that now He counsels with me a lot more. He is there, He counsels with me about what to buy at the store, what to wear, what to cook, how to help my children is school, in church, in the family. He has become my counselor in every thought and deed. I am grateful for the trust and confidence I have developed with Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #5

Yes, you read it correctly. The Thornton Family is expecting a new baby in Dec. 2012. We are very excited. Today we made the announcement to our 4 children and I am sure that each of you heard their screams of excitement. Maddison immediately told us that it was going to be a boy but then after a few minutes decided that we need one boy and one girl. John Derek would like the baby to be a boy so that he can have a brother. Samantha would like the baby to sleep in her room. Elizabeth would like the baby to have brown hair so that more kids in the family would look like her. Then the conversation turned to names. Here are some of their favorites: Elizabeth wants: Sarah, Eva, Evelyn, or Eve, and if it is a boy Phineas or Ferb Samantha wants: Sam or Ammon John Derek wants: Johnny Maddison wants: Cinderella and Johnny So here we go. Taking on a new adventure of 5 children with faith that we are following our Father in Heaven's desires for our family. In this last conference Pres. P

Elizabeth

My darling Elizabeth is so wonderful.  At Church I had the pleasure of talking to different people about the great girl she is.  I was in the mother's room, feeding Michael, and talked to two other moms.  We were discussing the joys and difficulties of raising children.  I talked about how I couldn't do it without my Elizabeth.  How she is my right hand.  She is so good and stepping in and making breakfast or lunch.  She loves to make pancakes with chocolate chips.  She is great with Michael.  I know that I can give him to her and he will be well taken care of.  As soon as we pull into the garage she exclaims, "I'll get Michael!" then leaps out of the car and takes him out.  I don't know what I would do without her.  When Michael was first born and I was constantly feeding, sleeping, and trying to hold the house together she did so much.  She was such a huge help.  She is going to be a great mother some day.  She is so good at talking to children and

Awards October 2014

My wonderful daughter Elizabeth is doing so great in school.  She has a 4.0.  Friday she received 3 awards at their quarterly award ceremony: High Honor Roll for having a 4.0, Outstanding Participation in her computer class, and the SPLASH award: S - Self Control, P - Pride, L - Leadership, A - Attitude, S - Safety, H - Honesty.  What a great girl I have.  I am so proud of her.  She is a great daughter, she helps me so much.  I could not be the mom I am today without her help.